Wednesday 20 May 2009

It takes a village! Getting the art homeshow ready for this Saturday!

As they say... it takes a village to raise a child. I've always felt like my paintings are my children so I wanted to share here with you a little bit about the village - all the people helping out - with getting this home show off the ground,

First off, if you're reading this for the first time, the Art Show and Sale at my home studio here in Santa Barbara will be this Saturday May 23rd from 9-5 pm. Children are welcome. Refreshments served. Location: unit #21, 2025 Bath Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93105.

Thank you to my village for your support, love and help! April Cooper for giving me the idea to do this in the first place. Steve Richardson for storing a gaggle of things in his car & sharing some his display easles. The local Greek House restaurant for bringing over some greek food catering gratis! (cool! thank you!) Jake's Cottage Cuisine Cafe for a loan of some table clothes. Jennifer and Joey at Tensley wines for bringing some of their local fine wines. Melody Wynn for sharing her Costco card with me so I can get even more food for hungry visitors. John for cooking, cleaning, wiring paintings, hanging paintings and playing that sweet guitar to calm my  nerves!  And all my fans and friends who put up

If you are in any way hesitating to come, please know that this event may be the last chance you have to visit with me  and see my art work live and 'in person' as Ruthie and I are moving north  this summer. So come one, come all! See you there!

No comments: