Tuesday 18 March 2008

Tea for two with Intention

Buddha says that through our thoughts and then our words and our deeds we create our worlds. I see this as truth in my life.

A habit I’ve had for a while when I pour the hot water to brew myself a cup of tea is to say silently “may I be well, may I be happy, may I be free” and infuse these thoughts into my warm drink.

I probably collected this idea from reading The Hidden Messages in Water by Masaru Emoto and David A. Thayne and watching What the Bleep where I learned the (huge) impact of words on water and how it can shape its chemical structure.

Sometimes I write love, peace, or joy and other positive and powerful words on my water bottle.

Anyways, the other day my daughter Ruthie Firefly (4 ½) requested I make her special blueberry tea. It’s Trader Joe’s green tea with natural blueberry essence and I make it with honey and milk. She loves it.

When I pour the water to brew her tea I say to her tea “may you be well, may you be happy, may you go to bed on time”

May we all be conscious that our thoughts and words create in this world.

May my child go to bed on time so I can go and paint!

No comments: