Thursday 18 October 2007

Painting Inspiration from Quilting Books

Ice Blue
© Deb Chaney 2006
Mixed Media, Acrylics on Canvas
24” x 36” ready to hang with 1” painted edges


Feng Shui Recommendation: Place this piece in the back left hand corner as you enter a room or home to activate further self cultivation and knowledge.


$1,275.00 USD MasterCard/Visa accepted
Ph (805) 403-9870 deb@debcreative.com
Prints soon available at http://www.cafepress.com/debchaney/




I met another artist at the First Thursday Art night downtown Santa Barbara several weeks ago who asked me how I got my painting inspiration. Well, I get inspiration from a zillion places but I thought I’d share some books with you that I’ve found particularly inspiring and supportive to abstract mixed media and collage painting lately.

Check out these quilting books, they have phenomenal images! It seems that quilting and painting have more in common that I would have guessed….

Creative Quilts by Sandra Meech









Creative Quilting: The journal quilt Project By Karey Patterson Bresenhan, ED








Ok, well this book is not a quilting book but it’s got such wonderful images and collage ideas I had to share it with you: 1000 Artist Trading Cards Patricia Bolton







What books have you come across that inspires your art? I'd love to hear from you in the comments section in this blog. Thank you.

No comments: