- Jeanne Krabbendam www.jeanekrabbendam.com Her work exhibits an excellent example of using heavy texture and collage elements such as corrugated cardboard and plaster mixed with acrylics.
- Catherine Fields www.nsartists.ca/catherinefields I just LOVE the loose painterly feel of the painting "rhythm and harmony" shown in the book.
- Pnina Granirer www.pninagranirer.com (wow!) The painting shown in this book, " A Love Story" is the tender interplay between abstract and the human figure.
- Jennifer Harwood. www.jenniferharwood.com What captivated me about Jennifer's work is it's vibrancy with her use of colour and overall clarity and simplicity.
- Therese Joseph www.therese-joseph.com I love her bold use of colour and then the sketches on top of it in the panting called "untamed" shown in the book.
Tuesday, 29 March 2011
Great find - Artists of British Columbia Volume 1
Rojia and myself were out placing flyers for our Concept to Completion: Abstract Painting in Acrylics and Mixed Media on Panel workshop in North Vancouver a few weeks back and came across Craig Yeats's gallery who were selling this book entitled; Artists of British Columbia, volume 1 (ISBN 978-0-9783296-4-8) assembled by Leighton Studio Gallery. The book caught my eye immediately as the number of extremely talented artists, many of them abstract. I had to have it. To obtain your own copy pls contact 604-926-0039 or email@example.com.
The following are five fabulous abstract artists that caught my attention when perusing through the book: