Thursday 27 November 2008

24 hr -paint - a - thon & ART SHOW in Santa Barbara

On Saturday October 25th a group of Santa Barbara artists, including myself and my friend Lyza Fontana got together to paint for 24 hrs! The show was organized by Ethan Turpin -

Here are some picts from the event.


Some beautiful caligraphy writings were created on paper tags by Ulrike Kerber.









Ethan worked on a large scrolll with words and pencil drawings






Here we all are working







Julie did very realistic sketches of mosquitos and wonderful little abstract sribbles on papers.








Jonny Troyna working on his pencil drawings






The group art pieces we all added to during the day/night.






Saul Grey-Hilderbrand  is working on a 150 ft long scroll!





Lyza Loo (nickname for my wonderful friend Lyza Fontana) is working on her wonderful mixed media paintings on canvas. Love her work. Kind of reminds me of Kelly Rae Roberts's work.










Lyza Fontana in her groove making art. Go girl!





and I did not take any pictures of myself, except the Patchwork Paper collage painting series in process which will be my next blog post!


All the art will be shown:

at " DRAWN OUT" an exhibition of the 24 hr ARt Slam" thursday Dec 4th 5-8 PM

VIVA Design Studio Gallery
Located behind 'Labor ready'
125 E. CArRILLO ST.Santa Barbara.ca.93101






























No comments: