Wednesday 16 April 2008

Creative Procrastination

Today's intention was to edit the grant application I'm working on. I knew I had to do a little something, in particular because today is my coaching check in day. Whereby I email my coach what I've done since last week.

So what had I done? Not much. In an effort to report some progress, I made a few edits then I sidesteped away from the computer into my studio and made this piece of art on my current art career FOCUS, as discussed in my blog about being In Creative Process.

Anyways, sometimes its fun to procrastinate and make art about what I was "supposed" to be doing. Here's to enjoying the moment, making art, and relishing not doing what I set out to.

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us. "
- Joseph Campbell

1 comment:

Jill Badonsky said...

Actually, since this is creativity coaching and we honor the non-linear nature of the process - making art when you're supposed to be writing a grant is worthy of applause (as long as the deadline isn't passing). Procrastination by art is the way to go

~Jill Badonsky, Deb's Creativity Coach