Thursday 1 November 2007

Great painting instructors in mixed media, collage and acrylics - part II


Breakthrough
© Deb Chaney 2006
Mixed Media, Acrylics, Collage on Canvas
24” x 24” ready to hang with 1” painted edges
Feng Shui Recommendation: Fame and Reputation. Place this piece directly across from the front entrance of a room of your home.

$850.00 USD MasterCard/Visa accepted
(805) 403-9870 deb@debcreative.com
Prints available soon at http://www.cafepress.com/debchaney/





Here is another one of my favorite mixed media, collage and acrylic painting teachers, what I liked most about her teaching, how she’s influenced me, and what about her work that has intrigued and inspired me.

Ann Baldwin

What I liked most about Ann’s teaching is her humor – she’s British! She is so willing to share her techniques and materials and herself in the class room. Her workshop was relaxed and a lot of fun.

Ann got me really excited about finding intriguing pieces of paper and incorporating them into paintings. After taking her workshop earlier this year I decided to get organized with all the neat papers I’d been gathering and made alphabetically labeled folders so I can grab what I needed when I am in the middle of or starting a painting.


Ann also introduced me to the wonderful rubber shaper tool for writing into thin layer of acrylic paint mixed with polymer medium. As well, Anne’s teachings also influenced me by learning to incorporate C’aran Dash water soluble oil pastels into collage paintings. Thank you Ann!

What intrigues and inspires me most about Anne’s work is her use of the modern golden liquid acrylic colors in layering and glazing techniques to create a mystical blended look that layers paint with collage elements. I Love her style! I always remember being so intrigued the first time I saw one of her painting at Artamo gallery and looked at the writing and drawing into the paint. Her choice of colors; deep red and turquoise blue greens and how she integrate and combines them is wonderful. I like how often her painting has a subtle theme, intention, or message that unifies it.


If you can’t make a class but still would like to learn from Ann, she has a excellent instructional DVD with Creative Catalyst available.







No comments: